Lecture – Roman Legionnaires – The Soldiers of the Roman Empire by John Keahey
Each item of armor, weaponry and equipment of the typical Roman legionary soldier from 1 to 300 A.D. will be explained by historian John Keahey, while in character. The Roman auxiliary soldier, who was recruited from non-Roman tribe and could earn Roman citizenship through his service, will also be examined. The discussion will include the living conditions and daily lives of these soldiers.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017 – 6:30 PM
Members $12, Tickets $18
Come for the movie, stay for the facts! with Dr. Dirk Van Tuerenhout, Curator of Anthropology
After the movie learn more about what the Roman world was like at the time of Marcus Aurelius. Who were the players, and what did they do?
When a Roman general is betrayed and his family murdered by an emperor’s corrupt son, he comes to Rome as a gladiator to seek revenge.
155 min. – Action | Adventure | Drama
Explore the museum in a whole new way with our expert tour guides. Sign up for your Discovery Tour in the museum’s box office. Meet our Discovery Guides!
- Hall of Paleontology Discovery Tour – offered daily
Join our family-friendly tours through more than 4.5 billion years of history. Bring your family along on an expert-led prehistoric safari and learn the inside scoop about our major mounts and spectacular specimens. (15 people per tour maximum)
- Hall of Ancient Egypt Discovery Tour – offered daily
- Coming Soon! Beginning Memorial Day Weekend! Cockrell Butterfly Center Rainforest Tour
Beginning Memorial Day Weekend 2017
Cost: $5 per person with a permanent exhibition ticket
Tour times (tour times are subject to change):
- Monday- Wednesday:
- Family Friendly Paleontology Public Tours: 11:00a.m., 2:00 p.m.
- Family Friendly Egypt Public Tours: 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.
- Family Friendly Paleontology Public Tours: 11:00 a.m.
- Kids Paleontology Public Tour: 2:00 pm
- Family Friendly Egypt Public Tours: 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
- Family Friendly Paleontology Public Tours: 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. , 3:00 p.m.
- Kids Paleontology Tour: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.
- Family Friendly Egypt Public Tours: 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.
Private Discovery Tour:
Get the inside scoop on the Museum’s fascinating exhibitions during a private Discovery Guide Tour with our expert tour guides. During each exclusive tour, your guide will explore the exhibit with you, sharing riveting stories and answering questions.
- 1 Hour: $30 plus your exhibition ticket
- 2 Hours: $50 plus your exhibition ticket (tour must be in the same hall)