Five Things You Might Not Know About Ukraine:
1. It was at the center of Kyivan Rus, which during the 10th and 11th centuries was the largest and most powerful state in Europe.
2. At 603,550 square km, it’s only slightly smaller than Texas.
3. Ukrainian tradition dictates that it’s capital city, Kiev, was founded by Vikings.
4. It boasts this stunning castle, which you can now eat Italian food in.
5. Stunning artifacts from Ukraine’s long – as home to one of the world’s oldest recorded cultures – and rich history are currently on display here at HMNS, in our new, two-part exhibition, Ancient Ukraine: Golden Treasures and Lost Civilizations.
Just how stunning? I am so glad you asked. We’ve just posted a new Flickr set that gives you a sneak peek into this fascinating exhibition.
Want to see more? Check out new Flickr set and visit the museum to experience Ukrainian history for yourself!