More than anything else, we want to hear from you – that’s why we started this blog. We envision it as a lively scientific discourse, in an open and welcoming community – but we insist that it be clean, civil and on-topic.
Think of it like you’re coming into our living room. You wouldn’t kick the dog or knock over the coffee table, right? That just makes things unpleasant for everyone.
In order to maintain a family-friendly environment that is appropriate for everyone, we do moderate comments, so it may take a few minutes to see yours posted.
We believe in the importance of the community of our visitors, and the quality of their experience, whether they are with us in person or online. So, we look forward to hearing everything you have to say, especially your suggestions. We will address constructive criticism quickly – as long as it isn’t abusive, offensive, inappropriate, profane or illegal.
Here are a few other guidelines that we hope will make this community more enjoyable and rewarding for everyone:
• To be published, your comment must relate to current science, a blog post, the blog itself or a Museum. If it doesn’t, it won’t be allowed.
• SPAMming in any form will not be allowed. This includes commercial offers, repeated postings of the same information or anything else deemed SPAM by blog monitors.
• Decisions of blog monitors are final.
• If you quote information in your comment, please give the source, and if possible, a link to the original content.
• Please also note that the opinions expressed on this blog are those of their authors and not necessarily the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
We see this blog as an ongoing experiment – we expect to learn as we go, mostly from you. We’ll be adding new features as we think of them and maybe letting go of those that don’t quite work. But we need to hear from you – what you like, what you don’t, what you’re interested in, and what you’d like to see next, on the blog and at the Museum.
Happy posting! We’ll talk to you soon.