Dino Days is just around the corner here at the Museum and we’re getting pretty excited! The event is free with admission to the Museum’s permanent exhibit halls from 11am-3pm on Saturday, November 6. That means totally FREE for all of you members out there! We even have some special guests from Houston PBS coming to share with us their new show Dinosaur Train featuring some cute young dinosaurs traveling around learning about Dinosaurs and their habitats!
Join the Dino Days fun before the event by entering our Create-a-saurus coloring Contest!!
We’ll be awarding some really cool prizes and featuring the finalists here on the BeyondBones blog. Download the Create A Saurus Page – you can download and print out as many copies as you like: teachers, make this a class project; parent’s – get your kids excited to attend Dino Days by coloring your sheet early and bringing it with you.
Here are the Create-a-saurus contest rules:
- Contest open to kids ages 0-12
- Final entry dimensions must be no larger than 8.5” x 11” x 0.25”, entries will not be returned to artists.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of Museum staff members and volunteers. Immediate family members of HMNS staff members are not eligible to enter.
- Entries must be turned in to the “Create-a-saurus” table at Dino Days during the hours of the event 11am-3pm on November 6th or postmarked by November 4, 2010 (Mailed entries should be sent to “HMNS Education Department, 5555 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, TX 77030”)
- By entering the contest you give permission for your artwork, first name and age to be displayed or reproduced by HMNS
- Winning entries will be posted on the HMNS BeyondBones blog with the artist’s first name and age – winners will be responsible for contacting HMNS staff member noted in the post announcing the winners to claim their prize before December 15, 2010. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a Museum Family Membership, three (3) winners (one for each age bracket (0-3, 4-8, 9-12)) will be awarded honorable mention and receive a set of four (4) Museum passes. Questions regarding these rules or the Create-a-saurus contest please contact Allison Kellogg firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We can’t wait to see you at Dino Days and introduce you to our awesome world of Paleo-fun!