Legend has it that the Roman emperor Nero discovered ice cream. Runners brought snow from the mountains to make the first ice cream.
Making ice cream at home is easy – no mountain marathon required! Just read the instructions below and enjoy your very own homemade ice cream.
|Photo Credit: Jessicafm|
Pint-size baggies – heavy duty
Gallon-size baggies – heavy duty
1. Fill the large bag about ½ full of ice. Add 6 tablespoons of rock salt to the ice.
2. Put ½ cup of milk, ¼ teaspoon of vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of sugar into a smaller baggie and seal. Put this inside another small baggie and seal. This will prevent saltwater from seeping into your ice cream.
3. Place the double bagged small baggie into the larger baggie and seal.
4. Shake the baggie until you have ice cream.
5. Remove the smaller baggie from the larger one. Wipe off the water, then open it carefully and enjoy your ice cream!
UPDATE: Check out our Science of Ice Cream video to learn more!
HMNS at Home is presented by Mitsubishi Corporation