Among these “shams of science” are a web server powered with potatoes, the idea that blondes are headed for extinction (the origin of this hoax is an article that the World Health Organization has since requested a retraction of, from the Sunday Times) and the email reminding you not to miss the once in a lifetime experience of seeing the closest approach Mars will EVER make to the Earth’s surface. I know, now you’re thinking “yeah, I got that email!” I did as well. According to Snopes, this will be the sort of prank email that we will see again and again; it started in 2003, and just won’t go away.
- You saved our ‘scope at the George Observatory! And this is how it happened.
- Attention, jewelry lovers: Glam up with new designers at our Museum Store!
- Celebrate Earth Day 2014 with environmental documentary Trashed at its Houston premiere
- Everything at HMNS is yours, Houston, so OWN IT!
- A total eclipse over Houston: What color was last night’s ‘blood Moon’?
- iphone 5c for free on You Asked – We Answered! Lois q&a
- Franchesca on 100 Years – 100 Objects: Rhodochrosite
- illuminati on Attention, jewelry lovers: Glam up with new designers at our Museum Store!
- how to make money online for free on Attention, jewelry lovers: Glam up with new designers at our Museum Store!
- canadian steroids on 100 Years – 100 Objects: Stone Money