Among these “shams of science” are a web server powered with potatoes, the idea that blondes are headed for extinction (the origin of this hoax is an article that the World Health Organization has since requested a retraction of, from the Sunday Times) and the email reminding you not to miss the once in a lifetime experience of seeing the closest approach Mars will EVER make to the Earth’s surface. I know, now you’re thinking “yeah, I got that email!” I did as well. According to Snopes, this will be the sort of prank email that we will see again and again; it started in 2003, and just won’t go away.
- Mark Your Calendars for these events happening this week (11/24-11/30) at HMNS
- You Can Thank Science for Helping You Cook an Awesome Thanksgiving Dinner
- Educator How-To: How to Make Your Own Pet Squid
- Cold Snap Raises Concern: How will the monarchs fare?
- Add Holiday Cheer to your Home with Designer Trees at Jingle Tree