Among these “shams of science” are a web server powered with potatoes, the idea that blondes are headed for extinction (the origin of this hoax is an article that the World Health Organization has since requested a retraction of, from the Sunday Times) and the email reminding you not to miss the once in a lifetime experience of seeing the closest approach Mars will EVER make to the Earth’s surface. I know, now you’re thinking “yeah, I got that email!” I did as well. According to Snopes, this will be the sort of prank email that we will see again and again; it started in 2003, and just won’t go away.
- We Have a Winner! Free tickets for Educator’s Guide drawing go to Renee from St. John’s School
- Seeing Stars with James Wooten: Planets near alignment, Astronomy Day arrives, and the clock ‘falls back’ this October
- HMNS is warming up for Spirits and Skeletons. Are you?
- Legend of the Peg Elves: Boy Scout Overnights offer a glimpse into museum folklore
- Amazon Scavenger Hunt: a Fun Way to Explore Rainforest Sustainability